Reducing hospital re-admissions, hearing loss in youths, improving diabetes through exercise, and end of life issues are among the research topics that will be featured at “An Evening of Research” 6 to 9 p.m. Monday, April 20, in the Chestnut Room of Kilcawley Center on the campus of Youngstown State University.
The event is sponsored by Sigma Theta Tau International, Xi Xi Chapter, nursing honor society.
Research highlighted at the event includes:
- 6:15 p.m., Cindy Wetzel, DNP, RN, ACNS-BC, CCNS, CCRN, CHFN, “Reducing HF Acute Care Hospital Readmissions From a Skilled Nursing Facility.”
- 6:30pm, Amy Plant, BA, CDP, and Daniel Van Dussen, PhD, “Knowledge of Hospice and Attitudes Toward End of Life Issues: The Role of the Clinician.”
- 6:45pm, Terri Coffee, DNP, RN, ACNS-BC, “Preventing Noise-Induced Hearing Loss in Youths.”
- 7:45 p.m. Zara Rowlands, PhD, RD, and YSU Dietitian students Joanne Starkey, Jessica Mertens, Gina Kontur, Emily Gabriele, and Harley Caroll, “Perceptions about Dietetics among Nurses and Student Nurses Survey.”
- 8 p.m., Amy Weaver, PhD, RN, CNE. “The Effect of a Model Demonstration During Debriefing on Students’ Clinical Judgment, Self-Confidence, and Satisfaction During a Simulated Learning Experience.”
- 8:15 p.m., Laura Calcagni, MSN, RN, CNE, “Improving Diabetes Outcomes through Exercise: A Retrospective Cohort Comparison Study of HgbA1C Levels in Diabetes Patients Participating in a Three Month Exercise Program.”
- 8:30 p.m., Hilary Minton and Ashlee Patton, YSU Nursing students, “Mental Health Nursing in College-Aged Students: A Study about the Stress Levels, Attitudes, and Resources Available on Campus.”
Registration is $25; $20 for students. Contact Jennie Wood, PhD, RN, CNE, in the YSU Department of Nursing at firstname.lastname@example.org.