The deadline is Feb. 15, 2013, to apply for a new $500 scholarship from the Youngstown State University Retirees Association.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum overall grade point average of 2.7 for YSU undergraduate students and 3.0 for YSU graduate students
- Junior or senior student with a declared major or graduate student pursuing a degree
- Extra-curricular activities, accomplishments and work experience may also be considered
- Three letters of recommendation
- Unofficial transcript
- Essay of approximately 500 words titled “My YSU Experience”
YSURA, an organization of retired YSU faculty and staff, embarked on a fund-raising campaign in 2012 for the scholarship endowment. During the first fundraising campaign, the initial goal of $10,000 was surpassed twofold.
The scholarship application may be found on the YSU Financial Aid website. The application is also on the YSURA website at www.ysuretirees.org. Completed applications with unofficial transcript, letters of recommendation and essay should be mailed to: YSURA Scholarship, c/o YSU Foundation, 606 Wick Avenue, Youngstown, OH 44502.
For more information, call 330-941-3156.