Monday, May 14
- 5:45 p.m. The YSU Williamson College of Business Administration hosts an MBA (Master of Business Administration) Information Session in Room 3418 of Williamson Hall. More at http://www.ysunews.com/ysu-business-college-mba-info-sessions-may-2012/.
Tuesday, May 15
- 11 a.m. YSU’s baseball team takes on the University of Pittsburgh at Eastwood Field in Niles. More at www.ysusports.com.
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The Armed Forces Appreciation Luncheon will be in the Ohio Room of Kilcawley Center. The event recognizes YSU employees who have family members or loved ones who are currently serving or who have served in the armed forces. Employees who are serving or have served will also be recognized. More at 330-941-3497.
Thursday, May 17
- 8 a.m. To 3:30 p.m. The Healthy Valley Summit 2012, focusing on the obesity epidemic in the United States, will be held in Kilcawley Center. The conference, featuring three nationally renowned speakers, is sponsored by the Pioneering Healthier Communities initiative.
Friday, May 18
- 8 p.m. YSU’s Ward Beecher Planetarium presents “Cosmic Castaways.” Free.
Saturday, May 19
- 10 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Nearly 1,300 students receive diplomas at YSU’s spring commencement in Beeghly Center. Graduation ceremonies for undergraduate students will begin at 10 a.m., while commencement for graduate students starts at 2:30 p.m. Nanette Lepore, a YSU alumna and a world-renowned fashion designer, receives an honorary degree and is the featured speaker. Featured student speakers are Kaitlyn Fabian, who earns a bachelor’s degree in Dance Management, and Dru Perren, who earns a master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. More at http://www.ysunews.com/fashion-designer-nanette-lepore-honored-ysu-spring-commencement/.
- 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. YSU’s Ward Beecher Planetarium presents “The Secret of the Cardboard Rocket.” The Planetarium also shows “Cosmic Castaways” at 8 p.m. Free.
- 4 p.m. The winner of YSU’s Banner Bag Design Competition will be announced at a ceremony in the Theater Lobby of Bliss Hall on the YSU campus. YSU alumna Nanette Lepore will judge the contest. Under the competition, students in YSU’s fashion merchandising program have designed purses, totes and other bags made from recycled campus banners.