PNC Bank, N.A., a member of The PNC Financial Services Group Inc. (NYSE: PNC) began providing banking services to Youngstown State University students and employees in Youngstown, Ohio, on Jan. 1, 2016. Under this new agreement, PNC provides student and workplace banking, as well as financial education programs for the university’s more than 15,000 students, faculty and staff members for 10 years.
Youngstown State University requires a banking service provider to support its daily business operations to treasury management and retail-university banking services. PNC Bank was selected by the university as the provider of banking services whose proposal represented the best overall value.
“YSU is committed to ensuring that our students receive the highest quality education, graduate on time and with little or no debt,” YSU President Jim Tressel said. “Financial education is crucial to meeting those goals. We believe this new relationship with PNC allows our students to make smart and responsible banking decisions that lead to their success.”
Highlights of the agreement include:
* Two ATMs, with a newly installed cash dispenser in Meshel Hall. A DepositEasySM ATM – which allows students, faculty and staff to withdraw cash in increments as small as $1 bills, cash checks, and deposit checks or cash directly into their account – will be installed in Kilcawley Student Center in the coming weeks.
* A co-branded Visa debit card which highlights an iconic image of the university
* Virtual Wallet® Student accounts for Youngstown State students. The account is equipped with technology to help students monitor spending and view account balances. It also is equipped to help safeguard customers from financial mistakes and unnecessary fees.
* A co-branded website, hosted by PNC, where students can complete account applications, manage their finances and find financial and educational information PNC Bank to Provide Banking Services to Youngstown State University
* PNC’s participation in on-campus employment events for students
* On-site workshops on personal financial management and financial education. Topics include basic banking, credit management, savings and investing, identity protection and home buying.
“Youngstown State University and PNC recognize that smart consumers are essential to a functioning economy,” said Ted Schmidt, regional president, PNC Bank, Youngstown. “This relationship provides on-campus financial education that will help prepare students to make smart and responsible banking choices with the tools and guidance that only PNC can provide.”
PNC has relationships with more than 400 schools across 19 states and the District of Columbia.
About Youngstown State University
Youngstown State University is a comprehensive urban research university that offers nearly 13,000 students more than 135 undergraduate and graduate programs backed by a strong tradition of teaching, scholarship and public service. As a major educational and economic development resource in the region, YSU is known for its focus on academic research and creative programs that transform its students into successful professionals, scholars and leaders. Located in the heart of the Tech Belt between Cleveland and Pittsburgh, YSU provides opportunities for students to actively participate with accomplished faculty, often in one-on-one settings, on advanced research and creative collaborations. The beautiful 145-acre campus includes high-tech classrooms, state-of-the-art labs and performance facilities, a variety of on-campus housing options and recreational facilities among the best in the nation. For more information, visit www.ysu.edu.
About PNC Bank
PNC Bank, National Association, is a member of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE: PNC). PNC (www.pnc.com) is one of the United States’ largest diversified financial services organizations providing retail and business banking; residential mortgage banking; specialized services for corporations and government entities, including corporate banking, real estate finance and asset-based lending; wealth management and asset management. Follow @PNCNewson Twitter for breaking news, updates and announcements from PNC.
PNC Contact: Joe Balaban, 412-445-4024, email@example.com.
YSU Contact: Ron Cole, 330-941-3285, firstname.lastname@example.org.