The Board of Trustees approved the naming at its meeting earlier this fall.
The Stavich family, founders of the Calex Corp., established a scholarship fund in 1993 for students from Campbell Memorial High School who attended YSU. In 2008, the Stavich Family Trust donated $2.7 million to the fund.
Brothers Steve, George, John and Andrew formed Calex Corp. in 1952. During the 1950s and 1960s, the brothers built the company into one of the largest aluminum processors in the country, supplying major customers such as Alcoa and Reynolds. The last surviving brother, Andrew, passed away in 2010.